In our stressful lives, we often become prone to many diseases, Knee pain is one of them. There are many causes that can lead to knee pain.
- As mentioned above, Knee pain can be due to a sprain, injuries, fractures or disease like arthritis.
- Inflammation in joints and bones typically affects those people who are suffering from arthritis.
- It can be treated at home by some easy and natural remedies, Read this article to know what can provide quick relief and best Home Remedies to Treat Knee Pain.
Here is the list of Home Remedies to Treat Knee Pain
Heat and Cold Therapy
A heating pad can help keep your knee joint from stiffening up and decrease the pain, while, a cold gel-based pack will relieve you from the pain and reduce the swelling. You can use an ice pack, hot packs, heating pad or electric blankets to get relief from this condition.
Also Read: Arthritis: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Ginger is well known for its benefits and has been used as a medicine in Ayurveda for thousands of years. It is easily available in the market or local vegetable shops. It contains anti-inflammatory properties that can provide relief from a stomach ache and arthritis. You can also eat raw ginger for the relief of pain.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the best source for decreasing pain in your knees. Its alkalizing effect softens muscle build-ups that reduce knee pain along with improvement in your movement. Mix apple cider vinegar with water and consume it before going to bed or you can blend it with coconut oil and directly apply to the affected areas.
Also Read: Benefits of Apple
A gentle massage by mustard oil can do magic effect for the relief in pain. A mustard oil massage will make you feel better and ease the discomfort due to pain. It will stimulate blood flow and decrease pain and inflammation.
Acupuncture has been very effective in decreasing swelling and joint pain. A few acupuncture therapy sessions can provide your relief from diseases like arthritis and swelling induced by the pain. You can also consider acupuncture as risk-free therapy since it is supposed to help you in other ways as well.
Curcumin, a chemical substance in turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and it is a rich source of antioxidants that help ease the pain. It can reduce knee pain and gives instant relief.
Mix one tablespoon of turmeric and one tablespoon of ginger in a glass of water and boil for about fifteen minutes and let it cools down. Now you can drink this formula. You can also add some honey for better taste. The other well-accepted option is to drink turmeric milk – add a tablespoon of turmeric powder in milk and shake well for proper mixing.
Also Read: Tips to be healthy and Fit
Quick Tips to Treat Knee Pain
- Keep your body Healthy and Fit
- Lose weight or Maintain proper weight – can provide relief from arthritis and joint pain.
- Exercise such as cycling, swimming or walking can be effective in curing joint pain.
- Physical therapy can also be effective in joint pains.
- Consult the Doctor if you feel pain for a long time.
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency: Signs, Symptoms, Facts
- Varicose Veins: Causes, Symptoms, Surgery
- Diseases caused by vitamin D deficiency
- Arthritis: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Osteoarthritis: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment