There are several benefits of drinking water and keep body hydrated but many people do not consume enough fluids each day.
Importance of Drinking Water :
- Approximately 50 to 70% of our body mass is made up of water, including skin, tissues, cells and the organs hence Water is an essential component for the effective functioning of our body.
- Water removes toxins and waste products from the body thereby cleansing it.
- Lack of water in the body can cause constipation, asthma, allergy, hypertension, migraine and many other health problems.
- Every day we lose water through perspiration, urine, breath and bowel movements. Thus, it is important to replenish the body by drinking water.
- Serious conditions like dehydration may cause due to drinking a less water in seasons like summer
Some facts regarding drinking water :
- There is no universally agreed quantity of water that must be consumed daily
- Adult humans are 60-70 percent water, and our blood is 90 percent water.
- Water is essential for the kidneys and other bodily functions.
- Drinking water can help with weight loss.
- It boosts skin health and beauty
- It helps maintain blood pressure
- Babies and children have a higher percentage of water than adults. When babies are born, they are about 78 percent water, but this falls to 65 percent by the age of 1 year.
- Men have more water than women, as a percentage.
Benefits of Drinking Water in a enough quantity.
It forms saliva and mucus :
Saliva helps us digest our food and keeps the mouth, nose, and eyes moist. Drinking water also keeps the mouth clean. Consumed instead of sweetened beverages, it can also reduce tooth decay.
Boosts skin health and beauty
Lack of water can cause dehydration and With dehydration, the skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling.
Lubricates the joints
Cartilage, found in joints and the disks of the spine, contains around 80 percent water.
Delivers oxygen throughout the body
Blood is more than 90 percent water, and blood carries oxygen to different parts of the body.
It regulates body temperature.
Water’s ability to release heat from the body when sweat evaporates from the surface of the skin greatly helps maintain an even body temperature.
Keeping Muscles Healthy
Muscles are made up of up to 75% water, so it is necessary to provide them enough water. Having enough water will help keep their contraction normal and prevent muscular cramps; It will help you to exercise more making you stronger and healthy.
Keep the Digestive System Normal
Water helps in the digestive process as it helps to keep the kidney working normally. If there is a lack of water in the body, it will result in constipation. So those with constipation problems should drink lots of water to keep their digestive system fine.
Drinking water relieves fatigue
Consumption of water makes the body function efficiently, while dehydration decreases alertness and concentration.
Helps in Weight Loss
When there is a loss of water, the kidney cannot function at its best making it shed excess burden on the liver. Liver helps to burn off the fat into energy but when it has to do the excess work of the kidney, it cannot burn as much fat into energy as it should, resulting in fat deposit. Take water in good quantity to prevent fat deposit and to keep yourself healthy.
It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues
Dehydration can affect brain structure and function. It is also involved in the production of hormones and neurotransmitters. Prolonged dehydration can lead to problems with thinking and reasoning.
It prevents kidney damage
The kidneys regulate fluid in the body. Insufficient water can lead to kidney stones and other problems.
It reduces the chance of a hangover
When partying, unsweetened soda water with ice and lemon alternated with alcoholic drinks can help prevent over consumption of alcohol.
Water for Hair:
- Cold water rinse leaves the hair glossy and shiny.
- Water is a natural miracle ingredient that supports vitamin consumption and assists in efficient and healthy hair growth.
- Our hair thrives on moisture-rich environment and water is one of the best ways to quench its thirst. Just like our skin, hair also needs lubrication from inside out.
- Drinking water also helps to eliminate hair problems like dandruff and Dermatitis Seborrhea.
Water for Skin:
- Water is essential to maintain the optimum skin moisture and deliver essential nutrients to the skin cells.
- Water is a perfect replacement for your expensive anti-ageing treatments. It keeps the skin well hydrated and glistening.
- Drinking enough water combats skin disorders like psoriasis, wrinkles and eczema.
It treats headaches and migraines
Headaches and migraines are often caused by dehydration. So, to get some relief, drink plenty of water.
It improves mood
Drinking water can improve your mood and ability to think. Even mild dehydration can have a negative impact on how you feel, so be sure to keep sipping water throughout the day.
It beats bad breath
Drinking water keeps your mouth moist and washes away food particles and bacteria. It also dilutes the smelly compounds that oral bacteria create.
Recommended intake of Water
For men: Around 3.7 liters
For women: Around 2.7 liters
Do we drink enough water?
A study carried out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2013 analyzed data from the National Cancer Institute’s 2007 Food Attitudes and Behaviors Survey.
Out of a sample of 3,397 adults, the researchers found:
- 7 percent of adults reported no daily consumption of drinking water
- 36 percent of adults reported drinking 1-3 cups of drinking water a day
- 35 percent of adults reported drinking 4-7 cups of drinking water a day
- 22 percent of adults reported drinking 8 cups or more a day
Check some important articles :
- Detailed article on Paracetamol – Check now
- Dosage of Paracetamol – Check Now
- List of Banned Medicine of 2018 – Check now